Saturday, April 10, 2010

Around the Yard Part 2

My little Ginkgo Tree is sprouting nicely with a Redbud near by. I wish the names of these flowers would just pop out of my head but I'm still new to them so will have to look it up. It sure is a sunny yellow though!Here's a new butterfly for me. The Goatweed Leafwing is enjoying my lilac bush.These are very small and I don't know what they are..but they sure are a sunny yellow!! One of my very favorite...this Japanese Maple.I spied my first Clearwing Moth.This little Tufted Titmouse is always nearby singing his little heart out.Now this moth is a little different than any I've seen before. Look at that racing stripe on his bumper!!!Not the best picture but pretty neat huh!The Dogwood just brightens up the yard.Another little unknown...seems to be taking over one of the gardens. But it sure is a pretty...
white!My fountain is back in full swing and this sedum survived the winter very nicely.There truly are so many things to see around here it's hard to get them all in!

10 comments:

Rural Rambler said...

All beautiful pictures Evis but I just am drawn to the Japanese Maple leaf picture. The leaves look like delicate leaf hands with pretty fingers. I see a cool header with the Goatweed Leafwing :) Enjoy your Sunny Side Up Sunday, we are going to spend every minute in the yard today :) Oh and heck yeah Eve that little moth is pretty dang neat!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant images Evie, the Japense Maple shot is great and the Leafwing is a classic "Eve Sweatman" shot.
I always knew we would see so many lovely images from your garden and surrounding area as soon as the spring and summer came along. Great new header as well.

Salix said...

Hi Eve
You have so many beautiful plants - and visitors too.
I am not sure, but I think that the shrub (vine?) with the yellow flowers could be a Winter Jasmine, Jasminum nudiflorum.
Lene

FAB said...

Hi Eve. What a fabulous time of year with everything errupting into bloom plus the flutters visiting. The new pipes on the bike make it look very racey! FAB.

Jenny said...

WOW! Some fab shots Evie. I LOVE the freshness of that first one and the clearwing moths are amazing! Do you think the stripes on that second moth glow in the dark? I'm wondering if your mystery white plant could be gypsophila?

Gabrielle said...

Beautiful! I can feel the warmth and smell the fresh clean flowery scent through the computer screen. Enjoy it for me.

(what a cool butterfly!)

Eve said...

Thanks everyone. I'll look into the plant suggestions to see. I know the gardener who planted all these beautiful flowers told me all the names...it's just taking the time to re-look them up that is slowing me down! NADINE!!! HELP!!! hahahaha!
PS...RR....are you bringing Suds on the trip???

Bluekat said...

It's always a treat to visit here.
Flowers, birds and butterflies...and some rather large moths! I really like the shot of the Goatweed Leafwing. He really pops out from the background.

kerry hawkins art and photo said...

Wow, so much in one backyard. I love it. I like that you took the time to enjoy and photograph all that is around you

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

I'm working backward trying to catch up, Evie gal. LOVE your vivacious yard in all its bright yellows and whites, pretty butterflies and clearwing moths! Everything is so fresh and charming - how appropriate!
(looks like privet to me, babe, the mystery plant with bright, white flowers) (sorry if it is...!)