Saturday, April 12, 2008

Pale Day...

I'm happy to say that my male bluebird was back with a female today and they were looking in my bluebird houses so there's still hope. I wanted to post this photo of a very pale mourning dove that has been here for about a week or so. We only get the mourning dove and rock dove in my neck of the woods and although it is colored like a ground dove I'm pretty sure it is just a pale mourning dove. Not quite albino. I hope her or color doesn't make her a target!! Wish her luck!

5 comments:

Kathryn and Ari said...

Good luck with the bluebirds! They're one of my favorite birds, and I'm always so delighted when they show up in our neck of the woods.

Stacey Olson said...

Beautiful bird. If she has survived this long, maybe there is hope.. Glad to hear the BB are hanging around..

Eve said...

Good Morning girls!
I'll let you know about the bluebirds, they were checking out houses again this morning. Now I have another critter to worry about!!! I'm such a worry wart! I'll do my best to keep them safe if they decide to stay.

Luiz Santilli Jr said...

Oi Eve

Thank you for visit my SKY!

I'll link your blog in my page!

Have a nice week.

Santilli

Anonymous said...

That's a nice bluerbird.
And a very good photo.
Hope nothing wrong happens to him.