Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Real Summer Days....

Sunday our farmer came and mowed the field. He always waits until late in the season, which I like. I think (I hope) the birds have fledged and left their nests. This one's for you Roy! This morning there were hundreds of tree swallows lining the wires out front. They always seem to enjoy my fields and wires....must be I have tasty bugs here.
Today is SO beautiful....lots of sun and although there is a breeze it's not too hard to photograph or fly for that matter.
I was so excited to see a Clearwing moth!I photographed my first Painted Lady. It's somewhat faded but I'll take it! A Black Swallowtail joined the gang! And then I heard one of my favorite sounds the humming of wings!
HI Buddy!! And my sweet kids were enjoying the whole thing from the balcony! They are having such fun!

6 comments:

Mary said...

That's a great clearwing moth photo! They never pose that nicely for me....or maybe I'm just not as good a photographer :-) The hummer is super....I miss mine and my son is probably not filling the feeders. The guineas sitting and watching are great! Love it!

Jenny said...

Love the hummer, that's a great photo Eve! The Guinea one is loverrrrly, they're so adorable. I feel another group hug coming on! (-: OOO Wish we had some Swallowtails like that. We only have one Swallowtail and it is only found in one small area of Norfolk on the east coast of Britain.

Eve said...

Hi Barb! They are handsome aren't they!!

Hi Mary! I lucked out with the clearwing...it just took a trip around the yard and I think was tuckered out!!

Hi Jenny! The swallowtails are fun but I think you have quite a few that are lovely as well! And yes, my babies are so sweet!! Here is a big hug for them!!! 00000000!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mowing photo Eve. In fact the whole post is great with a variety of lovely images. The Guineas are still the stars of the show. I am closer to Norfolk than Jen and I have not had the chance to see a Swallowtail. We live in hope.

Yvonne said...

Great butterfly pictures. Way to go! I haven't managed to get them yet. Cheers, Y

Stacey Olson said...

Great job Eve, I think I will go remove my hummer photo now (wink)