Thursday, July 3, 2008

Skipped one!!!

Well I'm skipping to my 2005 planters, and the reason is....I made a little mistake. I forgot to go further down my file for newer pictures in the folder. If you knew how many pictures I had in that folder you would forgive me!!! Back in 05 and 06 I barley had the organizational skills to work the computer let alone create dated files etc!!! Anyway I thought this time you would like to see the early plantings of the containers and then their later summer splendor. The first picture was taken June 12.... ...and then again July 28th.
Not very impressive to start....
...and then POW....
I think the potato vine took over a bit on these!! The yellow million bells and creeping jenny were in there somewhere!!

9 comments:

Mary said...

You obviously have a very green thumb....and the other 9 fingers, too! They really flourished over that summer....beautiful!

Stacey Olson said...

oh EVE! these are stunning! I love that you showed the before then the final results of nurturing, and patients.. I hope your children grow and bloom as wonderful as these flowers did.. thanks for sharing

The Birdlady said...

What a nice place to sit (now that you have done all the work!)

Anonymous said...

Eve,

These are "Works of Art" both in creation and as photographs.

Jenny said...

Lovely combination Eve

What's the red plant please?

Cheers
Creeping Jenny (-:

Eve said...

Mary...Ha Ha!! Well I don't know about 10 green thumbs...maybe just one!! Thank you!!

Stacey...thanks...well I've got two kids grown and wonderful...let's hope this last one follows suit!!!

Helen...ahhhhhhhhh...the perfect spot for my morning brew!!

Roy thank you as usual!!

HI Jenny!! Nice to see you made it!! The red is one of the many Coleus varieties here. They are grown as annuals but are also great in the garden...although I never think to put them in there!!!
Cheers to you!!

Eve said...

OH hahah!! Creeping Jenny!!! hahaha!!

Danni said...

Ha...I love the "POW" part...pow indeed...those planters turned out beautifully. I'd say you had a knack there for picking companions for container planting!

John Theberge said...

What a great idea, I love these before and after shots. You definitaly do have a green thumb.