Thursday, May 29, 2008

Pet Photography....

MaxineMy dream is to become a Pet Photographer. Basically I'm all ready to go, but for my marketing skills. Well, I'm sure my photography skills need some work but aren't we all on a never ending learning curve when it comes to our passions! I am in the process of starting an on location photography business "Pets and Petals Photography" "Specializing in on location photography of your pets and garden flowers". At some point I hope to start a website and be on my way to a very fun career. My cards are flying out of the Vet's, and Groomers in the area....but, alas...no calls yet! (I think the market in the area may be my biggest challenge).
Wish me luck. This is Maxine, my best buddies' "petite" Basset Hound. She is a very good girl!

11 comments:

The Birdlady said...

Aw, what a cutie...Good luck!

Stacey Olson said...

O~ Eve this is such a wonderful photograph! I am sure you will do just wonderful, give it some time. It is wonderful that your selling cards, great idea. You are such a talented girl and your love for dogs shines through in your photo... what a unique market.. don't give up on your dreams.

Eve said...

Thank you Birdlady! Thanks Stacey!
I'm very inspired now!!! I'll let you know how it goes!

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Did you mean business cards or greeting cards? I think greeting cards with your business info on the back would be a great idea. Then your business info would be seen by both the card buyer and the card receiver. Very nice picture.

Anonymous said...

Hi Eve,

The very best of luck for your new venture. Great shot of the dog. You are pretty damn good already so no improvement needed really.

Eve said...

Hi Lynne! I do sell Photography Cards with my business name on the back. I did mean business cards (should have been more specific)but with the same result for both. I really think my biggest problem is that I am not aggressive enough with my marketing...but I think if I want to get this going I'm going to have to get a move on! Thanks for your support!


Ha Ha thank you Roy!! You're a sweetie!

John Theberge said...

Good luck with your endeavor, getting a photography business off the ground can be challenging.

Eve said...

Thanks John!
You are right!! I'll keep plugging along!

Eve said...

Thanks Bird Girl! I'm working on all the things you've mentioned. I almost think people don't want to part with their gas money to get pet portraits at this time! Can you blame them!!! Well, I will keep trying and in the meantime have some beautiful portraits for a book someday!!
Thanks for stopping. I have added your blog to my favorites! You do a wonderful job!
PS I've been picking up "Birds and Blooms" for years...should probably send something in someday!

Danni said...

How exciting, Eve - you're almost there! Good luck...and that was a cool idea about making animal (or plant) photo greeting cards with your business info on the back, I thought!

Eve said...

Thanks Danni!
I wish I was there to take some Donkey pictures but you seem to be doing a pretty good job of it!!