Thursday, May 15, 2008

And the rain did come......

Well I waited until 3:30 for my plants to get here but it all worked out in the end. I had to run up to the hardware store to see if I could find some shear pins that would work in the tiller and they had some!! I bought 5 but all I needed was 1! I also got some more cow manure and got to work. I got the job done and rested a bit and then they arrived. Five big boxes full of plants! My mom helped me by reading my plan as I placed the plant boxes and bags in their designated spaces and then set off to digging!
We gave them a drink as we went.
I know it's looking a little sparse but some of the plants aren't even showing and in time I'm hoping for a lush full garden! Thanks Dutch Gardens for the wonderful prize!!

Here is my side garden getting ready to pop. These hostas get so big they completely fill the space. I actually need to find new homes for some of them. That bleeding heart gets bigger every year! It will get twice that big! I actually have 20 more plants from Dutch Gardens that I will be planting today. Including a shrub rose, peony collection, clematis collection, 3 witch hazel, and tiger lillies!!! WOW!
I'm starting to collect alliums. I just love this beautiful plant and it spreads quite easily!
OH AND LAST NIGHT IT RAINED RIGHT ON QUE!!! HOW LUCKY IS THAT.

5 comments:

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

Great progress. It looks like a HUGE job!

John Theberge said...

I'm sure by late summer your garden will look awesome when everything has a chance to fill in.

Stacey Olson said...

So glad you flowers arrived when they said, Looks like it will be a beautiful place before long..

Mike said...

Your garden space looks like it’s coming together in great shape.

Rachel said...

mom, how the hell was that $800 dollars in plants? you should just said "show me the money." lol i can just imagine gram out there reading the plan to you.