Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Heading to Northern NY

Somehow I managed to catch a rather nasty cold either before or during our trip to NY but luckily for me it didn't hit until I got home...hopefully I wasn't contagious during that time. If I was...I'm so sorry to all that will come down with it...it's no fun at all. I'm feeling much better today so will start the trip memories today.
Our plane at the Huntsville International Airport just getting in.Leaving Huntsville and the Tennessee River.Our view along the way...almost always this......mountains! How nice!We changed planes in Dulles, Washington DC and on to Syracuse. We arrived at 11:30ish PM......and Rachel picked us up and whisked us off to Wegman's, her favorite grocery store, to get some creamer for my morning coffee and other goodies for our stay at her apartment.Here is her new car...as you can see she has very good taste!The next morning we drove to Onondaga Lake to meet her good friend and co-worker Angela and her daughter Alexis, for a picnic lunch. We had a very good time!Morgan, Rachel and Alexis having a blast. (Thank you, Angela, for taking some great pictures of the fun while I was enjoying my time on the picnic table watching at a distance! You too Rachel!)We fed this squirrel grapes and made the seagulls jealous!Heading back to Rachel's to get ready for a pool party, we had to stop for the train and its colorful graffiti.Rachel's beautiful apartment. She is on the top floor. The grounds are perfect and her place is just beautiful......even if her mom says it "needs more pretty things"!!!
Now I know what to send you for your birthday!!

11 comments:

Dog Trot Farm said...

Eve, what a wonderful start to your vacation. Glad to see Morgan and Rachel together, such sweet sisters. Rachel your apartment complex looks lovely, I hope we get an inside peek. Looking forward to more photos. Eve, glad to hear you are feeling better.

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

Those mountain shots are great. You were fortunate to have great flying weather with outstanding "sight seeing" clarity. Looks like you had a ball, as did Morgan. I'm looking forward to the rest of your story and hope you feel better soon, dear!

Jenny said...

Looks like your and Morgan and a fun start to your trip up north. Rachaels apartment house looks loverly and like Julie I hope we get a peek inside. I know you'll come up with some lovely home loving gifts Evie! (-:

Anonymous said...

I had that cold too. It settled in my chest and took me about 10 days to shake it. No fun!

Say, there is no place like home, eh? Becky and I visited my old stoping grounds up in Burlington, VT.

farmlady said...

Keep having a GOOD time!! That's what vacations are for.
Love the photo of the 3 girls upside down on the play equipment.

Bluekat said...

Wonderful pictures, wonderful memories. Looks like you guys had a real nice time.
Wishing you a full recovery from your bug!

Rural Rambler said...

Great pictures Evis! Looking forward to more shots :) Glad you are feeling better! But then I won't be able to call you Evis Sneezus anymore! I agree with Bird Girl about framing the sailboat and sending it to Rachel, couple other shots would be great too!

BeautifulBulger said...

Nice pics, Eve! It was so nice catching up with you while you were home. Miss ya! xoxoxo

kerry hawkins art and photo said...

The photos of your daughters are so fun. Seeing family is the best

Mary said...

Great shots of the kids and all the places you went...I enjoy other people's vacations :-)

bunnits said...

Not having been on a "real" vacation in about 2 years, I'm really enjoying looking at all the fun and beautiful scenery you are posting. Thanks.