Friday, July 2, 2010

Before my trip

These are some of the things I will miss around my yard while I'm gone.
The Crepe Myrtle are just beginning to bloom. The Tiger Swallowtails are enjoying the flowers.The Clematis have grown up to the top of the arbor.My beautiful lilies are about done so I'm glad I got to see them every day.Soon the coneflowers will make me smile!My porch that is open and breezy.Oh this little doggie and her long hair!Roses.Blackberry Lilies...SO SWEET!The Hydrangea will be here..just a different color when I return.This mornings moon.OH I guess I wont miss that long hair!!
We decided to give Daisy Lu a haircut on our own! I think my hubby did a wonderful job!Daisy really thinks she is a Pointer, we won't tell her otherwise!Such beautiful apples!And my favorite place to sit!You all have a great 4th of July celebration!!
God Bless America!

14 comments:

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

Ah, lovely lovely lovely, Eve! Amazing photos that really give us all a Sense of Place there on your mountain! We will be missing you tons but have a safe journey, have lots of fun, take massive amounts of photos and return to tell us all about it! XO - me

kerry hawkins art and photo said...

These photo are great. They make me smile

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but there will be new things to see when you get back and some of the old things will still be there. Have a good trip!

Jenny said...

I was going to say what Steve did, but he beat me to it! (-: Maybe you'll miss the Jap beetles too!!! Seeing them anyway. Daisy Lu, wow, that was some haircut! She's a sweetie anywhichway! Have a great time Evie and will look forward to some 'up north' posts when you get back.

FAB said...

Fabulous images from around your home. Enjoy your trip and stay safe. FAB.

Mike Simmons said...

Eve, stunning photos! Your property is loaded with beautiful photo subjects in every season. Have a good safe trip and a nice 4th!

Bluekat said...

Oh My! Wonderful series of photos...so many beautiful flowers.

I like your clematis arbor. We have a pile of twigs and have been looking for a project. You've just given me some inspiration!

Good job on Daisy Lu's haircut, she is quite stylin'. Her pointer pose is precious!

Happy 4th to you and yours!

Eve said...

Thanks all! My trip is going splendidly! Thank you Barb! And the little pink roses are behind the blackberry lilies. They are actually quite small.

Mary said...

All that beauty, I'm surprised you can stand to leave it! Daisy Lu looks cute with and without hair :-) I've never heard of that Blackberry Lily...very pretty. We'll miss you!

Anonymous said...

I can see why you would miss them Evie, especially the little doggie with the long/short hair.

Rural Rambler said...

Glad you and Morgan are having a great time Eve!! Daisy Lu looks very cute :) The arbor looks cool! Love your table on the porch!! Have fun!!!

Carolynn Anctil said...

Such a pretty spot you have and your pointer dog has excellent form, if not somewhat uncharacteristic.

bunnits said...

Hope you are having a wonderful time on your trip. Thanks for sharing all the lovely things in your garden. Looking forward to more when you return.

Unknown said...

I love the shot of the apples!