Thursday, July 29, 2010

Brown VS Green

Sunday a bit of rain and a thunderstorm rolled through the area. I went outside to lift the cushions up in case the rain tried to push its way under the porch. I had to go get the camera to take photos of what I found under the cushion.
Note what I have to deal with in taking a cold camera outside on a humid day.
Even though the camera was still fogged up I wanted to take a shot of this little tree frog under the cushion before he hopped away. OK the camera is clear and I guess he's not going anywhere fast so I was able to get a few shots in. He was really slimy even though being under a piece of stuffed cloth.A rather brownish fellow.Or is he greenish?Morgan doesn't care what color he is...he deserves a pet!and a photograph.He moved a little bit toward the cushion and when I went out a minute later to check on him...
he was green!I wonder if it was a tough job turning, cause you know what they say......"it's not easy being green"

8 comments:

kerry hawkins art and photo said...

What a cute little guy. I like your foggy photos

Anonymous said...

Thats very special Evie, what a change from finding ants and other crawling things.

Carolynn Anctil said...

Oh, he is cute. So glad you find him before anyone sat down on the cushion.

Rural Rambler said...

Hey Evis, Kermie from my porch wants to meet your little green dude. Someday gotta tell ya about the tree frog I found and put in the kitchen sink, cold water I thought to revive and freshen him up.............Oooops. Yeah. He survived. Thanks God. Great shots :)

A New England Life said...

He's lucky no one sat on him! I do believe he's a Grey Tree Frog. It was my first thought so I looked him up and sure enough, that's exactly what he looks like. AND they change color!

For once I'm giving you the ID of a critter ; )

Bluekat said...

He's so cute!!!
I love frogs, especially little frogs

You must have a lot of humidity there. I only have foggy lens issues in winter.

btw, we're going kayaking this weekend. :)

Peggy said...

What a great find! He is so handsome/cute/adorable too! Cool story!

Mary said...

Green and cute! I'm glad he stuck around for some photos. Don't you hate when the lens fogs up like that?