Monday, September 29, 2008

Old Port

In downtown Portland, Maine there's a magical place called The Old Port. I just love it there.The buildings are, well, old... within this door the Constitution of the State of Maine was drafted in 1819. The walkways are lovely. Down an alley is Portland High School...I went here for the first two months of 10th grade. Along the streets they display... both sides of the political spectrum! ;-) And I even felt very close to home...Very, very close! I love the colors...and the fantastic cobblestone streets... with the right gear to walk them I really want those boots up there.It's just a beautiful place to walk and shop. A brick lover's paradise!
Old Port, I'll be going back someday.

8 comments:

Mary said...

Looks like a great place to shop and take photos! I love old buildings...they have such character and attention to artistic detail that modern ones lack. Did you buy one of those fat guineas in the window?? Of course you have your own live ones at home.

The Birdlady said...

I am loving seeing Main through your lens.

Jenny said...

Hi Evie
That could be almost any place in Britain, with all those brick buildings, specially with the rain on the ground! (-:

Stacey Olson said...

Eve, you just get better and better.. I still have a hard time composing scenery and items.. you did wonderfully... thanks for sharing your trip to maine.

Eve said...

Thank you all for your great comments...you've got me thinking I should start my own travel show!!! What a sweet job that would be!!! ;-)

John Theberge said...

It seems as though you've explored the Old Port more than I have and I'm a life long Mainer. I rarely go to Portland.

Shelley said...

You make me want to go there! Loved your photos - those cobblestone streets are great!

DeniseinVA said...

What a lovely tour around Portland. I liked the look of the buildings, and those baseball caps, I noticed the one on the USS Constellation. Gregg spent some time on the Connie years ago. I'll have to show him your pictures.