Monday, September 8, 2008

No Wildlife!!! What's up With That???

We decided to take a little walk yesterday to take in the colors of the season and we wern't disappointed. The New York Asters are blooming out beautifully. The trail is looking very tidy these days!I love this dogwood with it's creamy berries and bright red stems.The wildflower garden we planted at Murphy's grave is really looking nice. I'm not sure what these little purple daisies are (there are white ones too) but they sure are pretty!The cosmos are a girls best friend! The color can be stunning and will probably get better before it turns white!My Flame Grass back in the garden, the grass should turn red this fall. I can't wait to see if it does.But where was the wildlife out there? Well, there were a few butterflies, dragonflies, spiders, and birds but not many pictures of them...so I thought I would throw in a few of my favorite wild animals who are always happy to go walking, even if it is an exhausting experience!
Ole you need more exercise!
It's always nice to share!What a dirty doggie!Now take a rest happy dog you deserve it!

8 comments:

John Theberge said...

I see the wildflowers are blooming nicely in your neck of the woods. The purple asters have not started blooming yet around here. There are plenty of white ones though.

Jenny said...

Hi Evie
I just really want to explore those paths of yours, they look so inviting! The cosmos is a beautiful pure orange, we usually get reds, pinks and whites over here, the birds love the seeds after flowering. That must've been some walk you took, Ole and Daisy Lu look shattered! (-:

Adrian said...

Hello Eve

Lovely shots as usual. We have a Dogwood here but the berries are black - it has lovely white flowers though. I missed some recent stuff - is Ole your new dog? He looks very cuddly.

Best wishes, Adrian

Eve said...

Hi John!
I get both the white and purple asters...they really do make a show this time of year.

Hi Wren!
When you're ready we'll have a cuppa and a walk!! Those dogs hit the trails running and barley slow down!

Hi Adgi!
Ole is a cuddly dog! We brought him home when he was 8 weeks old, that was 6 years ago! I've featured him a few times in previous posts. Check out this one http://sunnysideup-eve.blogspot.com/2008/04/elkhound-and-porcupines.html
He is a tough nut to crack when it comes to keeping him from doing Elkhound duties, but we think the guineas are safe now. Once he figures out guineas like to chase bunnies (and porcupines) too, they will be his best friend!!!

Mary said...

Beautiful garden to walk in! Such a lot of color. I've never seen white berries on a dogwood either. Your "wild animals" look very friendly, to me :-)

Danni said...

I *LOVE* that last photo!!!! I'll be smiling about that one all day....:-)

DeniseinVA said...

Oh your doggies are WONDERFUL!!! And a great set of photos, thanks for taking us along with you on your walk.

Stacey Olson said...

what a rewarding walk, So glad you found your own wildlife to photograph...