Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Heaven in a Yard

This is the newest of Julie's gardens. A white circular garden where a small pool once stood.
The hydrangea in the center is just a beauty.Julie's keen eye for design shows all through her surroundings.I can only take credit for part of this wonderful design after giving her this fern from my garden when she visited me.Such a beautiful fenced garden which drew me right into the woods.A walk in the foggy forest just brought me down to earth.At the end of one of many paths is yet another beautiful scene.Back home again.Life in Maine is good.

10 comments:

John Theberge said...

That path going through the woods looks very tranquil. The best season for hiking is on its way.

Lynne at Hasty Brook said...

I love your view in photography. It sure looks like a wonderful place.

Shelley said...

So many great photos - the fence shot was perfect! And I loved that garden w/ the beautiful bird houses - they really dress the area up!

The Birdlady said...

That is just so beautiful - every photo is lovely.

Anonymous said...

Sure is good Eve.
Lovely images .

Jenny said...

Hi Evie

Just LOVE the hydrangea close up photo. The forest one is very inviting, I just feel like I want to wander around there!

Mary said...

Must have been tough to come back home :-) What a wonderful white garden. I'm not usually drawn to white....but this is beautiful! I guess with any color, it is all in how it is presented. Your fern is a lovely addition :-) That walk was nice too......the mist...wonderful!

Kathryn and Ari said...

Life in Maine IS good! I hope you had a fabulous trip. Your photos are just beautiful (as always).

I have the same hydrangea as Judy--I think its common name is Japanese Hydrangea. Miraculously, it seems to love our crazy climate here: I have to prune the heck out of mine every year; otherwise, it'd be taller than my house!

DeniseinVA said...

What an absolutely lovely walk you took us on. Fantastic photos!!! I can feel the coolness of that misty walk.

Stacey Olson said...

Eve these Maine photographs are just amazing.. they look like the cover of a travel brochure or post card.. wonderful job...