Sunday, April 6, 2008

Rocks and Bikes....

This weekend was the one that we've all been waiting for here in the north country!!! My daughter Morgan talked me into going for a walk in the hard to get to part of our property. We were like early settlers blazing a trail! We spied a turkey vulture looking for leftovers.... And to our surprise, trespassers decided to leave us two presents...we figured anything on our property is ours!!! They can have them back if they come ask us for them!!! Ha Ha!! Anyone have any idea why someone would dig a 3' deep hole and leave it??? It must have been there all winter. Morgan tried to imitate the vulture!!!
We have so many rocks on our property.
Some of them have holes in them......
and some have hands growing out of them!!!!! Ahhhhhh and the bike got fired up and I'm going riding tomorrow!!!

4 comments:

John Theberge said...

Maybe someone was looking for buried treasure and got disapointed when they didn't find any so they left their shovels. I'm glad you got to take the motorcycle out; I'm looking forward to getting mine out this year, especially with the gas prices the way there are.

Stacey Olson said...

Looks like you had a blast with Morgan. Good job flying too by the way. I may be a bit conserned with the buzzard and shovels.... LOL

Eve said...

John....I hope it warms up quick!! Can you put a kayak on the bike???
;-)

Stacey! You are a funny, funny girl!!!
However...I did have a very uncomfortable moment looking at that hole!!!

Danni said...

Oooh, I love a mystery!! What the heck were they digging for? And why did they leave in such a hurry that the shovels were left behind. Hmmmm....
Your daughter looks like she had a great walk with mom. I love the exhuberance in her jump...sheer joy.
And so? How was your first ride of the season?