Thursday, February 25, 2010

Late Winter Yard

It was a bitter morning but the sun came out and although there was a chilly breeze I forced myself out into the fresh air to see what was happening around the yard.
My little dragonfly votive holders made it through the winter, having been turned upside down so as not to catch water.My lavender seems to be doing well.The Hydrangea have buds.Little Rose buds are popping.I chopped the grasses down not long ago, to make room for new growth.My variegated Yucca seems to have made it through the winter and is being hailed by all the new daffodil growth.A very cold looking Deutzia bush.Lillies galore!One little Chickadee to say hi!A Mantis egg case on the lilac.Not sure about this one but it sure smells sweet!Remember these toadstools? They made it through the winter!A dead apple tree that is covered with beautiful lichen and that fuzzy little green thing. Blueberries????? I hope. I know they are here somewhere!This may be a type of Hazelnut bush? The seedpod of a Confederate Rose.Campion Rose and Hyacinth.And a tall daffodil ready to bloom.Come on SPRING!!!

16 comments:

Maria said...

Love these signs of Spring - thank you for posting them, I needed the boost. Love the title piture.

Rural Rambler said...

I love the very last shot Sunny Side Up Eve! The picture tour was fun and you look so much more springie than COLD Missouree. If it doesn't warm up here soon I may get cranky! This winter of '09-'10 just will not behave and go away.

Dog Trot Farm said...

Oh Eve, I am so excited you do have signs of spring. I can smell those daffodils and the lavender, oh you just put a smile on my face, if you only realized how much I needed that. Thank you!

farmlady said...

Yes Spring.., bring it on.
I love all the photos especially the Mantis egg on the lilac and Confederate Rose seedpod.
Beautiful...

Mike Simmons said...

Wow, very nice assortment of vegetation you have Eve! Nice photography too. We have a lot of lichen and that fuzzy green stuff here.

Salix said...

Eve, that all looks very good - and I thought that you were all covered in snow!

Anonymous said...

This is all going to look just "great" soon Evie.

kerry hawkins art and photo said...

Love to see spring happening for you, we have a ways to go. I have a few flowers trying to come up

Wendy said...

Wow, look at all that growth!! It'll still be a while before we see all of those here. Can't wait!
Have a great weekend Eve :)

jalynn01 said...

Signs of Spring...mine are under several feet of snow. But I loved seeing yours and dreaming about when ours will be visible. I did see a couple daffodils just peeking out at my son's house in 'town' next to the sidewalk close to the house and protected from weather. Come on Spring is right!! I know mine are under there... somewhere.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Come on spring. You wouldn't believe the storm we had last night.

Bluekat said...

Another lovely series Eve, very nice.

These just a little more spring like than some you did a couple weeks ago. Slowly things are warming up.
There's something hopeful about new growth pushing up out of last year's dry, old leaves. Pretty soon you'll have to turn the votive back up right. :)

Yvonne said...

Oh, my, you've already got spring started. It's such a long haul until it comes here. Thanks for the anticipation your photos have awakened.

Mary said...

Wow...all that wonderful growth already...even flowers! I saw a few green shoots for daffodils and suprise lilies peeking out today..but not very far.

FAB said...

Signs of Spring emerging all around you. Bring on the sunshine.

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

I hate being away from a computer - so much is missed! Lovely montage of pre-spring lovelies, dear. That daffodil has my heart!