Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Around the Gardens

I have so much to learn about my new gardens. Every plant I had in the yard at my previous home I put there, except for the wild hawthorns. It is amazing to be put into new surroundings and not know what's coming or going!I am really hoping this is a Redbud tree because I have many around my property. I missed the blooms this year and it's a new tree for me. I know I will be able to figure out most of these beautiful plants eventually but for now I'm just trying to get the house settled and keep the lawn mowed!! I was able to look up this one, it's Beautyberry Callicarpa. I knew there was one on the property and am just thrilled. I can't wait to see the beautiful purple berries later in the season!!I just love this bright pink Rose Campion, Lychnis coronaria, it is spread throughout the gardens and just seems to be a self-seeder popping up even along my driveway. Ok, here's another one I haven't figured out yet. It's in the shade near the house mixed in with the hostas. It is just beautiful in there with these small white, four petaled flowers. Some of the leaves are variegated. Between learning new plants and new critters, everyday is just a wonderful surprise!

14 comments:

The Giraffe Head Tree said...

Hey Eve! That looks like a Redbud to me. Their pods are pink and turn to blackish later in the summer/fall. My beautyberry died, unfortunately. Yours is lovely! The white flower I'm not certain about. It sort of looks like the white violet, but the petals don't look right. Hm....maybe someone else knows. Thanks for posting on my butterflies.

Carolynn Anctil said...

I planted everything that's on my balcony and I don't know what they are. ;o) They're pretty. That's all I know.

Deb said...

Hi Bud,
I am thoroughly enjoying your blooms that you planted for me last fall!! Beauties!!!


Deb

Eve said...

Thanks Debi...I will figure out what those are eventually!

Hi Carolynn, Well there's nothing wrong with that, as long as you enjoy them.

DEB!!!! I miss you buddy!!! I'm so glad those flowers came up and they remind you of me! Hi to all!

Peggy said...

What a yard full of surprises! Beautiful! And who doesn't love a mystery?

kerry hawkins art and photo said...

Beautiful. I love spring, so many surprises

Mary said...

Lots of neat stuff there and the fun of figuring out what they are. I've never seen that white flower, so I hope you find out what it is.

Jenny said...

How exciting! I'm looking forward to the Redbud tree too. The weird white one is lovely, great leaves as well at the extraordinary flower! PLEASE (-: let us know when you find out what it is. The Calicarpa is one I recognise from over here and the Campion too.

Dog Trot Farm said...

I don't think we have Red Bud trees here in Maine. Think of your garden as Christmas morning, full of surprises!

Shelley said...

You have a lot of great plants and flowers over there!! I'm so glad!

DeniseinVA said...

What a wonderful garden you must have. I'm thinking the birds are going to love the berries on your Beutyberry. Am imagining all the great bird shots.

NatureStop said...

Hi Eve,
You have a beautiful garden!!!

Anonymous said...

A really great new set of flowers and plants for us to see and enjoy Evie.

nadineh said...

Eve, the groundcover is Chameleon Plant
Houttuynia cordata 'Chameleon'
I enjoyed it there for years before I discovered that it can be invasive (see link)
http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/2164/

Just don't share it with any unsuspecting friend, or relocate it. It hasn't escaped from the shade at the north end of the house in all these years.