Thursday, April 5, 2012

Where Have I Been? Helena, Alabama

 Well, you know, every year Spring sets in, and in some places it comes a little earlier than others! This year we had a very early Spring and of course who can do anything but go adventuring at this time, be it on the road or in your own back yard! This Spring I finally went to visit Deb at Deb's Garden in Helena, Alabama. Rachel was here visiting from chilly NY and she, Morgan and I hit the road for a garden adventure, which was just splendid!!
One of my favorite things about Deb's Garden is the abundance of detail. Just enough of the little things that make you smile and want to sit a spell.
 Each item has a story and that's really what having a home garden is all about, isn't it! All the hard work mixed in with the experiences along the way.









 You can read all about this lovely garden by going to Deb's Garden and find out why I was so drawn to it and why I am so glad I found Deb! Click on her blog name to go there and enjoy!
After our garden tour Deb took us to lunch at a fantastic Pizzeria, Papa Saia's where we enjoyed the view of the river and the sound of running water from the deck.

 And after our delicious meal we walked the river and just enjoyed the wildflowers.

 Helena is a beautiful town and voted one of the top places to live in the States!
Deb,
Thank you so much for allowing us to come and visit your beautiful home and garden, for the great lemonade and wonderful company!
We had such a good time!

10 comments:

Roy said...

Lots of lovely images Evie, love the little bridge, but not sure about riding the bike.{:)

Trobairitz said...

Now that is a worthy trip. All those lovely photographs you've taken. Simply beautiful.

Thank you for the link to Deb's Garden. I think that is a site I can keep going back to to see all of the lovely flower pictures. I just love gardens.

I have a hard time diving my time between gardening in the nice weather and riding the bike.

Eve said...

Thanks Roy! Yes that bike might give you a hard time! :-)

Thanks Trob! You will enjoy Deb's posts! Seems like I spend more time digging than riding!! Got to fix that soon!

debsgarden said...

Hi Eve, thanks so much for your kind words about my blog and my garden! Your images are lovely! I had a special day with you and your daughters and look forward to visiting with you again sometime! I am happy to report that my missing hostas have finally begun to peak above the ground. Best wishes! Deb

Peggy said...

I just adore that "Tinman"!

BilboWaggins said...

What a lovely garden, if only Bag End looked a little like that :}

Anonymous said...

Sounds lovely, looks lovely! Happy Easter Evis!

kerry hawkins art and photo said...

Awesome spring shots

Hewy Nosleep said...

So glad you came to Helena!

Dog Trot Farm said...

How did I miss this post? What a lovely place to visit, I bet you took home some gardening wonderful ideas!